A HSC exam timetable announcement from the NSW Education Standards Authority.
15 May 2020
Image: HSC exams start on 20 October and students receive results on 18 December.
The 2020 HSC written exam timetableExternal link was released today for the 75,000 students sitting the exams this year.
NESA Chief Executive Officer Paul Martin said the timetable would provide the certainty that students, teachers and parents have been looking for around the HSC.
“Students have known that the HSC would be going ahead and this timetable provides the certainty many have been seeking about when their exams will take place,” Mr Martin said.
“This timetable starts five days later giving students some extra time at school after the Autumn holiday period while keeping to the original timeframe for releasing results.
“I want to reassure parents and students that the exams will be conducted in line with the expert health advice at the time of the exams, which are still five months away.”
NSW schools are supporting the return of HSC students to the classroom from this week with HSC students receiving on average three to four days at school each week.
“I trust that now students have a definitive plan and timing for the exams that they can focus on achieving their best as they return to school,” Mr Martin said.
- 120 written exams will start with English on 20 October and 51 oral language exams will start on 15 August.
- Students will receive their HSC results on 18 December.
- All 2020 HSC students can access their personalised exam timetables via their Students OnlineExternal link account from 10am today.
For more information:
- visit educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/covid-19-adviceExternal link
- contact the NESA COVID-19 support team
- 1300 138 323