Yaralla students have continued the Term One theme of salads with the construction of an amazing Crunchy Noodle Asian Salad with Lime & Chilli Dressing. This was one of the first weeks where every single student ate everything off their plate. Some students even asked for seconds!
Yaralla Cooking is also partnered with our HYPE program run by the nursing team. Last week we discussed procrastination and strategies for self management. This week we moved to sleep hygiene which isn’t at all about the pyjamas you wear to bed but rather the practices before bedtime that help you to sleep well.
Crunchy Noodle Asian Salad with Lime & Chilli Dressing
(this made enough for around 10 people with leftovers):
1. Make a marinade with equal parts honey, soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Place beef in marinade and set aside for about 10 mins (if possible).
2. Shred cabbage, place in a large serving bowl.
3. Trim snow peas, cuts into halves if desired. Add to the serving bowl.
4. Slice carrots into thin slices. Add to the serving bowl.
5. Cut capsicum into long, thin pieces. Add to the serving bowl.
6. Fry marinated beef until brown. Add to the serving bowl.
7. Add the crunchy noodles to the serving bowl. Top with coriander leaves.
8. In a small bowl, combine some lime juice, a pinch of salt and a small amount of chilli flakes. Serve alongside the main salad and add to individual plates of salad as desired.